Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Twas the day before the day before Christmas

Project Christmas My Way is so far pretty smooth. I just finished some baking this morning so that I could put together the daycare Christmas goodie packages for all the ladies. They look forward to my baking all year, bless their hearts. All the bags are done - phew!
Ben is with me today, so we played for a bit this morning and then ran out to do groceries, mail Christmas cards, and buy some coffee. Anthony at the coffeeshop made Ben a special vanilla drink when he offered Ben hot chocolate and Ben told him he only liked vanilla. Is there anything dreamier than a man who can make the perfect coffee AND concocts the perfect drink for your son? I have a little crush now ;-)
The only thing not ready is the house, it is a disorganized mess. The kitchen especially looks like I emptied all the cupboards on the counters and then sprinkled the lot with flour. Tomorrow the morning will be spent trying to tidy up so that my new sofa can be delivered without incident and my folks aren't tripping over transformers, shoes, and Disney princesses.
Last night I wrapped presents and started watching True Blood, a vampire series that Steve loaned me. I really like it so far, it's quirky, it's funny, it's oddly acted.
Ok, so the car. It's bad, several thousand dollars bad. I was coming up to an intersection, the light turned yellow, the guy in front of me didn't slow, so I thought he was going for it, then he changed his mind. I slammed on my brakes when he stopped fairly suddenly, but slid into him at a pretty fast clip. The front of the car crumpled, emergency vehicles arrived, luckily I was alone and the guy was alone and neither of us was hurt in any way that required the ambulance. My car was not drivable, so was towed to my bodyshop and I have a loaner until they can repair it. I'm still a bit sore and feeling dumb. Honestly, what was my hurry? The universe is telling me to slow down, I have to try to learn this lesson. I have all the time in the world.

No comments: