Friday, February 11, 2005

Made my day

I got a bit of gratuitous pleasure yesterday morning. On my morning drive to work, a guy actually tried flirting with me in traffic. What's more, the guy was in his twenties. He was in a work van too!
Now, I'm not the kind of girl that this happens to every day. When I was younger I'd get the occasional wandering eye, but now, this never happens. It took a minute to figure out what was going on. At first I thought that something was wrong with my car or maybe that someone wrote something rude on my roof (I do live next door to a private highschool). After I figured it out (I really am a dope), I tried very hard not to look at him or play with my hair or attempt a cute smile. Being the suave, sophisticated lady I am, I almost ran a light and slammed on my brakes causing my purse to topple, spewing the contents on the passenger floor - smooooooth. That guy really knows how to pick 'em. Perhaps he's just into spazzy old ladies who can't drive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY how you felt! I was just telling a friend the other day how I feel like a big pimple lately, what with my terrible haircut and the baby constantly wiping her mouth and sticky little hands on my clothes all the time. A day or two later I'm on my way to work but not before stopping off for a coffee and this handsome guy holds the door open for me and says "after you lovely lady." I melted and practically begged him to have his children right there. I was so busy trying to remember how to flash a casualy flirty smile that I walked into the person in front of me. sigh I'm such a dork.

becca said...

I guess you are now officially a Yummy Mummy!

dina said...

I think that I'm more of a Dummy Mummy :-)