Sunday, September 25, 2005

Movies

Occasionally, I stay awake long enough to watch a movie.
We watched Danny Deckchair, which was a cute and funny romantic little bit of stuff. It stars the guy who was the roommate in Notting Hill and Aowyn from LOTR. He cleans up fairly well.
Kungfu Hustle had some great action fight bits and neat super kungfu powers, but not very original plot. I especially liked the landlady who could blast apart a building with her yell.
The Life Aquatic was only ok because I was distracted doing stuff on my computer. There were a few good bits, but mostly it was a slog to get to the end of the movie.
I really enjoyed Broken Flowers, it was a slow moving movie, but the sliences were wonderfully full of unspoken dialogue and the neighbour was fantastic.
Sahara was surprisingly good. I'm an old fan of the Dirk Pitt novels and I found that the characters were well casted, especially Dirk and his pal Al, who I thought was a gas. I hope they adapt a few more of the novels into movies.
Wimbledon was dumb and not very good.
 

No comments: