Tuesday, December 10, 2002

The weekend was great! Stuart Maclean was fantastic, Adriana's party rocked, and we had a wonderful dinner with Rhett and Debbie. Then, I came back to work. They moved my office on Friday and put me in a big office with four other empty desks and no windows. The room really sucks! If I didn't know that they would be moving me again soon, I would have almost cried. To add to it, there was a visitor sitting at the desk they put me at, and the temporary computers that were set up for him were still on the desk, as well as the phone, and of course this meant that the moving people just dumped my stuff on the desk and didn't connect it. It took most of the morning to track someone down who knew who the computers belonged to and if I could take them off the desk. Luckily, there was a great admin from another department (I am plagued with never having a good admin in my department) who helped me move everything, bless her heart. After I was logged back into the system, I looked for the email from the company that books our trips giving me my new password so that I could log in and book my trip - nothing. I finally called and after much hassle, was told that I was no longer on the list of people who are allowed to travel. I sent the email to my boss and prayed that he wouldn't send me. Apparently it was just an error that he fixed. I booked my trip. I checked my itinerary this morning, apparently the only flights are at 5:40am and noon. I was hoping for a civilized 6:30. Oh well. Now, I've just found out that the office I'm going to is having a Christmas party tomorrow afternoon, so we're trying to get the boss to put off the trip until Thursday. I've threatened bodily harm on my boss if he doesn't let me rent a car for the weekend. So far, I haven't received any money either. To add to it all, I'm going down with a guy, so will probably have to eat at steak restaurants all week, sigh.....

No comments: