Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Rainy days are for snoozing
It's one of those days. I slept in this morning and I could still use a nap. The glucose test yesterday was pretty ugh. They took blood, made me drink an entire bottle and a half of that sweet drink, then took my blood an hour after, an hour after that, and an hour after that. Luckily, the technician switched arms halfway through. When you drink that much sugar on a very empty stomach, you not only feel really naseous, but you also feel incredibly tired. I was the second person there, so I got one of the two "good chairs", which are ancient pink vinyl recliners. They're not the greatest, but compared to the hard-backed jobbies, they're a huge improvement. Steve stayed with the chair while I was having my blood taken to prevent poaching. I managed to nap for an hour, which was nice. After the test, Steve got me a chocolate pastry and got my carrots out of the trunk for my drive to work. After I dropped him off, I started to feel really shaky. They don't tell you not to drive, but perhaps they should, I managed to get to work alright, but I doubt it was very smart.
We're taking Friday and Monday off and heading down to the Big Apple to visit Kuan Friday night, and Dan and Libby over the weekend. I've heard plans of a puppet show :-) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

No comments: