What a year! Actually, that's a cliched way to start a yearly letter, you'd think that I could do better than that, but the fact is I can't really remember what kind of year it's been. As most of you know, I have the memory of a gnat, so when I look back at the year I remember very little. In fact, the only things sticking out at the moment are the following:
- We got bedbugs from our downstairs neighbour and it was a pain in the butt.
- The kids have been particularly challenging, the girl especially. It's really a miracle that she's still alive.
- My workload has increased exponentially without financial compensation.
- My house is such a disaster that I've considered throwing out everything I own and starting over.
- I think I've needed a nap since June.....
- Wait! Ben started kindergarten! That's a good one. He now has more ped days than I have vacation days.
- Steve is still alive. Our friends and family continue to be awed over how he copes with me.
- The cat who pees on everything is still alive, although honestly I can't say why. This year has been non-stop sniff and launder....
- Christmas is in two weeks and I have done no shopping, baking, cleaning, crafting, decorating, or party scheduling, and part of me doesn't really care.
Hope you all spend the holidays drunk and happy,