Sunday, May 31, 2009

Call Rogers, hardware store, coffee, and mac & cheese


This was stuff on my list that I accomplished today. Calling Rogers was by far the longest and most frustrating. I had to change my account and I ended up having to speak to the manager who finally got on the line, and sorted out the problems. I hate dealing with large utilities, I've made it my mission in life to annoy them in my own small ways. Tomorrow I must tackle Hydro-Quebec, my arch nemesis.
After I got off the call that would never end, I wandered over to the hardware store, where, like my father, I could easily spend an entire afternoon and come out with only a small packet of washers. I managed to get it down to 30 minutes and a packet of washers, and a head full of decorating ideas. Next stop was dropping by Adriana's for the coveted special industrial floor wax, coffee, snickerdoodles, yoga talk, girl talk, and ended with me sitting on the kitchen floor watching her wax her legs. I know that guys don't do this kind of thing, but when girls hang, we always end up refurbishing or trying on each other's clothes, it's just what we do.... I actually would be very amused if guys did this - "dude, you have to try this new shaving cream I got, come to the bathroom!"
After Adriana, it was the stop at the coffee place downtown where the local coffee geek now knows I own the fabulous Technivorm and grinds up my beans special, then I hooked up my washer and made sure that nothing leaked before I threw together the mac & cheese with cauliflower that I'd been planning all day. Nothing says, "this grey weather is getting to me" like creamy cheesy goodness. And I have lunches for a few days-bonus!

I promise I will try to be a bit more interesting soon, ok, maybe not interesting, but at least mildly un-boring. I have so much in my head right now that has to come out, but it must wait for now.

No comments: