Thursday, June 11, 2009

30s, nice to have known ya


Last day as a person in my thirties. My thirties were all about family: I met Steve just before I turned 30, got married, had kids, and settled into a household. I also established a career, leaving behind my contract business for a stable job at a good company. Wife, Mommy, Employee. These are roles that I have spent the last decade experiencing, loving, full of surprises and joys and disappointments. I don't regret a second of it. I've continued to grow and change throughout this time, adapting, learning things about myself, making new friends, falling out of touch with others always moving forward, not looking back too often, trying to live without what ifs.
I'm not sure what the forties will bring. They definitely will bring change - it's already happening. A new home, a new way of living. But this time, I am not entering this decade alone. I have a family: two beautiful children and a husband who I hope will continue to be a supporting friend forever. I have so much to be happy about and so many new goals for this decade. Raise two amazing children with Steve, continue to develop my job, travel, write, create, run, love, forgive, accept. Most important, just be me, love me, because I'm a pretty awesome old lady.
I am celebrating the end of my thirties by raising money for the Montreal Children's Hospital. I'm getting on a ridiculous-looking bike and getting in the game. I'm proud of me today, and I'm sure that I'll have even more to be proud of 10 years from now. Good luck me! Go get 'em!

No comments: