Wednesday, June 24, 2009

he ain't heavy


I woke up early this morning and decided enough was enough, it was time for a run.
It took me a while to get organized, but then I hit the road - ugh! The first two kilometers were killer! The second two were slightly better, and on the last bit before I got home I just started hitting my stride. Despite the sunblock, I still managed to get a bit of sun on my arms, probably because I was sweating it off. I got back, showered, had breakfast, and started to put things away! It took a while, but by the time I stopped for lunch the bedroom was in decent enough shape. I got some of the living room done that I could manage without additional bookcases. There's a lot of stuff still piled up in boxes.
Steve took the kids to the pool in the morning, then I took them in the afternoon. They had a great time and were playing so well together. I love watching them interact, make up stories, call for each other, dragging each other around the pool, hand in hand. As an only child, I was determined to have at least two kids, I remember staying at my friend's houses and watching them with their siblings and I was always so jealous. I wanted a brother, I wanted to be bonded to someone like they were. They all hated it of course and were jealous of me, but they had no idea what it was like to be the constant source of everything to their parents, and as you get older it just gets harder.
Ben and Naomi will have their own challenges, and I do worry about Naomi becoming her brother's caretaker, but for right now it is so amazing to watch them play, and imagine, and laugh together. They will always have one another throughout life, and I hope that one day they know how lucky they are.

No comments: