Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Rainy day

Nothing like a rainy day to lift your mood. Normally I love days like this, especially curled up on the sofa with a book and some nap-inducing golf on the tv, but today I'm feeling a bit of sunshine on my face would be appreciated. My phone is moved, but my Internet connection is not set up yet. I assembled all the wires and plugged it all in so it's ready when someone flips the switch.
I'm in negotiations for that car. I'm ready to walk away, and I think the salesguy knows that. Now we get to play that game of who could care less. I have my garage guy leaning on him too, so we'll see if he budges. I like negotiating, the acting, the sizing up of the other guy, making them do math in their heads and the jokes that go back and forth. It's all part of the game.
The pity party is dissipating, mostly thanks to a couple of good friends who always pull me out of the "woe is me" abyss. The lightness will reappear soon, until then I just have to fake it and remember that I'm in a good place.
Think positive price-reducing vibes for me!

No comments: