Wednesday, January 14, 2004

There's finally a little time to write while Ben has a morning nap. Despite the cold weather yesterday, we bundled up and went to Walmart just to get out of the house and wander around. Our mission was to buy some kid's hangers for his clothes (they were on sale). I didn't realise that you need kid-size hangers until I tried hanging up his little jackets and overalls. I also realised that I never included any of the hangers for baby clothes that I gave as gifts over the years - sorry everyone!
I warmed up and cleaned off the car and packed up Ben for the trip. He gets excited when you put on his snowsuit now because he knows that we're going outside. Large, open Walmart parking lots are about the coldest places ever on high windchill days, but we rushed in and then spent a bunch of time just wandering the aisles and looking at things. I found one of those aquarium things on sale, so I picked it up to replace the mobile. Sadly, the days of the mobile are gone. We've been moving it farther away from him every day, but yesterday morning I walked into his room to discover that he'd managed to get a hold of it and was laying there with the thing bent over while he happily chewed on the giraffe. I moved it to the foot of the crib so he can still look at it from the changing table. He seemed very taken with the aquarium, I've wanted one for ages!

No comments: