Thursday, December 08, 2005

Quick stuff

This is my first full week alone with the kiddies, so I have to make this quick:

  • I'm down to only a couple of freakouts a day
  • Feeling very guilty that I have not been able to get Ben outside yet this week to the park despite the fact that it's across the street-of course, it's cold here, so I can use that as an excuse
  • Managed to get the kids to playgroup yesterday, a personal triumph even if we were over an hour late
  • Had to call Steve in the afternoon to beg him to come home, which of course prompted the baby who had been screaming inconsolably for two hours straight to pass out 5 minutes before he arrived
  • Wrote out half of my thank you cards, after that the Christmas cards!
  • Baby smiles are the cutest things, and just like Ben, Naomi smiles with her eyes
  • I've been contemplating doing some Christmas baking, am I crazy?
  • I keep repeating, it's going to get easier, it's going to get easier....
  • Maggie promised she'd come and visit next week so I don't lose my marbles

That's it for now. And a big thank you to Dan and Libby who agreed to be Naomi's godparents and who sent a bunch of goodies for Ben and Naomi and the biggest poinsettia I've ever seen! I hope that we can keep it alive until Christmas :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh hon, I really do feel for you. I can't imagine how hard it is when you've got a wee one and a toddler!

I hope we can cheer you up when we see you this week. :)