Thursday, December 01, 2005

Time is relative

When Ben was born and Steve went back to work, there were days, as every other mom I know has had, when I didn't shower, brush my teeth, eat, or manage to get anything done other than keep that teeny tiny dictator alive while trying not to lose my mind. Steve got a two week contract and I have now spent two days alone with the kids and I'm wondering what the hell I wasted my time doing when I only had one. What a wuss I was, whining about how hard it was dealing with one baby, I laugh at my former self. Just getting the two over to the park across the street nearly did me in the other day; returning from the park with one in the stroller, dragging a toddler in the heat of the meltdown of the century made me realise that it's going to be a long winter. I suppose that it's a learning curve. Give me a couple more months and I'll be able to shower in five seconds and peel a banana with my toes while I change a diaper and breastfeed. Until then, everyone have a kind thought for me, and for you mom's with 3+ kids, you have my utmost respect, I'm a big wuss :-)

No comments: