Monday, February 20, 2006

daycare

I must have a golden horseshoe implanted somewhere (no guesses please), because we have found Ben a place in what looks like a good daycare with little effort and no hanging around for a year on waiting lists. They had an immediate opening, so Ben can start March 1. I hope that he likes it, the facility looks good, clean, and organized. The providers seem very nice and competant, they have a good program with lots of activities, and the kids all seem very happy. They even have a speech therapist, so if he needs therapy, he could start in September. I got a bit teary during the meeting (I really wish I had better control of my eyes leaking), but Ben went from room to room playing with the various toys and art projects. He was a bit out of sorts today, very tired. We had a lot of activity this weekend.

Kuan and Alex came up and we had a great visit and a wonderful time at Lynda's bridal shower. It was so nice to be together with old friends. Maggie and her crew came over Saturday morning for brunch, Saturday night, Kuan's dad and step-mom came over for supper, Sunday morning Melanie came over for a quick visit, then the shower. We got home at 9 last night and collapsed. This week we have appointments for Ben, and I have to organize the craft for playgroup and make the goodie. Busy, busy! And next Wednesday, Ben starts daycare, sigh, I know that it's probably the right thing to do, but I'm not sure how I'm going to drop him off that first day and manage to not cry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're allowed to cry - just try to hold it in until you're in the car, out of his sight.

Anonymous said...

I echo Maggie -- crying is 100% okay! The daycare sounds terrific and am really happy you found something so soon. And, as a bonus, since Ben will be in daycare and you love yoga, perhaps you and Naomi can go to a yoga-and-mom class from time to time...?!