Friday, February 17, 2006

A few things

I have a few things brewing in my head and no time to write! Before they get stale or lost:

  • I love the olympics! Especially the winter ones, you get all the great nordic names (Dordi, Antti, Jaako, Hedwig, Erben), and let me just say that I'm enjoying the event names too: Oval Lingotto (mr. robotto) and Sauze D'oulx (pronounced sozay dukes). There's also the amazing athletes in stretch garb, but because it's winter, you don't see them sweating all over the place. I also find winter sports more interesting on the whole, much faster and more dangerous, even the cross-country relay was fun to watch.
  • Why is Roots doing the US outfits and Canada gets The Bay this year? We look like we're trying to be hip, but failing badly.
  • Emanuel Sandhu and Johnny Weir are spoiled girlie-men. Buy a pair and stop whining and making excuses that blame everyone but you for screwing up. No one cares if you couldn't find your auras or you were upset about not going to the olympics in 98, you divas. Zang Dan fell so badly on a throw jump that I thought she'd broken something and she got up and skated the rest of her program perfectly-that's an athlete with heart!
  • Ben said 'Momma' for the first time last week and I have a whole teary post in my head that may or may not see the light of day.
  • My friend Kuan is coming up with her baby, Alex, today for the weekend and I can't wait to see her.
  • We may have found a daycare spot for Ben in March, but I don't want to jinx it, it would be a miracle if it's true.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear hear! I can't believe Sandhu is still whining on and on about the '98 Olympics, and actually blaming his crapola performance this time on the '98 OC decision. Sheesh.

I saw the fall - I made Andrew watch it too! What guts!! I'm glad she got a medal out of it.