Friday, March 09, 2001

The invites look fab, Dina. Love the colour scheme and fonts. Tres elegant! Good luck on the home front.
Barely a peep about International Women's Day here too. I think we all work too hard. Is it just me, or does it happen all the time...doesn't it seem that being in your 20s now is way different than 10 years ago? It feels as if a total change in society has occured. Then there's the media's portrayal of young girls as women...look at most of the pop mags...now THAT's offensive...young adolescent girls made to look like sex objects. That that still occurs REALLY pisses me off. I think it's plain wrong; for women and harms society somehow as a whole. Didn't Camille Paglia write something about women recently? Check out today's top story on salon.com...talks about gender, etc.
Am I on another planet? What happened to the Mother's Who Think section?
Coffee sites: here's another one and another one .
OK, now that I think about International Women's Day a bit more, I wonder if there's more to feel angry about than to feel positive, in terms of being a woman? I feel a rant coming on...hmmm...I think in terms of the media's portrayal of women (stupid unrealistic images {am I the only one that can't stand Julia Roberts? Who's your favourite female actress? [I really liked the female lead in Truly, Madly, Deeply: Julie something] Favourite female writer? Favourite women role model?} and not enough of the injustices against women, which is really against society too), there's much to get annoyed about. But on the other hand, I also think there are many women out there who do good things and have done well...it's just not as well known. You know, I could rant about this kind of stuff all day, I think I'll stop now and spare you all. Cheers and good weekend, all!

No comments: