Wednesday, September 26, 2001

The STC meeting went very well last night. The speaker did run a bit long, but besides that I had a good time. Over the summer a few people I know lost their jobs, one just last week. It's very sad. The market for our field is quite slow right now, two years ago tech writers were being solicited by headhunters at work, now we're in the same boat as everyone else.
Just a few more days and the quarter will be over and the rush rush of the deadlines will be replaced by all the release dates being pushed back-but we'll have delivered on time!!! This is important because bonuses are given quarterly and tied to what you accomplish, what your team accomplishes and what your department manages to deliver. I think that myself and the team are doing ok, but I fear the department. Luckily, that's a very small percentage right now........

No comments: