Tuesday, May 29, 2001

Three more days
Yesterday we found out that Steve's movers can't move my stuff, so an alternate arrangement must be found. Let's hope that it will be affordable and won't involve me begging friends to lug boxes up the stairs......I'm too old to move like that. It was fine when I had half the crap that I do now, but my junk has multiplied and become heavier over the years. I hate moving, ok, everyone does, but I really hate it. My reaction to moving is usually sitting in the middle of a pile of boxes and weeping uncontrollably. I still haven't started packing yet, I know that I have to, but it's so hard to get started when you have so much junk that hasn't moved in 5 years and you only have week nights after work to get stuff done. Time to stop being pathetic and do it.
We looked at the new place again and of course it's smaller than we remembered it to be and needs some repairs that we hadn't seen. We will probably have to get someone in to plaster and prime the walls because we just don't have the time to do it ourselves. We will paint after we move in and have a clue what colour the walls should be. The good news is that we bought the dishwasher, it's a frigidaire, one year old, and the guy's leaving shelves and possibly ceiling fans. He gave us the key so that we could let ourselves in once they move, now that's a trusting guy!

No comments: