Wednesday, May 30, 2001

Two days
We went to the Biosphere last night to check out the wedding space. The tent is up now, so we could get a good idea of how things were going to work. The tent is much bigger than I thought, which is good! There is ample room for mingling and dancing. It was cold yesterday and there was a very cool breeze blowing off the St Lawrence. We hope that we'll get a warm, windless evening, but if we don't, most things will have to be in the tent I guess. We'll work out plans for inside and outside. If it's warm, the sides of the tent can be rolled up as well. We have access to the lookout as early as 3pm, so if we want to decorate anything, we can. We have to go again with the caterers in June, at that point I might bring the video camera and regular camera and take some pictures of the site so that we can show a few people and ask their advice about what should go where.

I think that my chest cold has resurrected itself, my cough is back. I'm hoping that I can get rid of it before Monday, it's terrible to start a new job with a cold. I also have so much to do that I can't be sick right now. I think that I'll just ignore it and it will go away.

I've been looking at home design magazines lately and trying to come up with some neat ideas for storage and stuff. The bedroom closets are stupidly small in the new place. There's a large one in one of the back rooms, but the others are those shallow ones. I have too much clothing for that! We'll probably build a few eventually, but for the time being we'll need something.

I'm dreading goodbyes tomorrow. Despite the fact that I'm not that attached to this job, I still know that I will be sentimental about leaving this place.

No comments: