Monday, April 14, 2003

Leadfoot
I got my very first speeding ticket this weekend, in the townships, where police car sitings are so rare that people talk about them years later. What are the odds? I was driving a bit too fast through a town, coasting really, but seeing as how the town consists of a depanneur, a church that is closed, and a guy who sells used furniture out of his garage, nobody ever really slows down. He had taken the lights off his car so that you couldn't recognize it as a cop car, sneaky bastard. As I said to my folks when we saw them, I was due to get one sooner or later, to which my dad added, "especially the way you drive". Sigh, if only I looked a bit more pregnant, I might have gotten away with it. I guess my baby's just gonna have to live with the fact that its got a leadfoot felon for a momma.

No comments: