Thursday, April 03, 2003

Table for one
I was dying for Indian food and no one was available, so I went out and ate by myself. I don't really like eating alone when I don't have a book or something to read, but I was desperate for chickpeas and chai tea. It made me think about the restaurants that have attractions/distractions. The one that I always remember is an A&W my parents used to take me to in Anchorage when I was very young. They had car service, and all the spots faced a large cage containing a real lion. I remember that it was on wheels, so he was probably rented, which is good because the thought of that poor lion living in the A&W parking lot is too depressing. Actually, when I look back it seems pretty cruel anyway, having to watch us all chewing away and watching him, but as a kid it was about the most exciting thing ever.

No comments: