Thursday, August 06, 2009

Sleepy, banjos, snubbed

Got back from lunch and am now struggling to keep my eyes open. I can't go for a run, too full. Maggie's home and I met her for lunch at Pushaps.
I'm pretty excited about tonight, I'm going out to see Bela Fleck. He's performing with an African musician at the Francofolies and I know it's going to be fantastic! I love going to live music events that don't involve people with lighters.
I'm starting to make lists of all the work that needs to get done for the end of this month and I'm trying to resist the urge to curl up in a corner and start chewing my hair. It's overwhelming.
Oh, and I have now alienated another academic - too many questions and not enough adoration I believe.....imagine that, theories break down :-)
I'm now starting to think about the qualification of happiness. I'm trying to come up with a list of things that make me truly happy and then thinking more about how they make me feel than what they are, that comfort, that calm that floods though my body when I anticipate them.

No comments: