Thursday, January 09, 2003

Welcome to da Working Week

After 7 or 8 years of working on a part-time basis, I pretty much thought I'd never really work full time again if I could manage not to.

Well, I'm working full time now. This past Monday, I started on a five-day-a-week gig. Initially, it's only a two-month contract, but I'll have to keep up the pace after the two months because my hubby finally liberated himself from the highly dysfunctional workplace in which he has toiled for the last seven years. In other words: he quit, with my full support and approval.

So I'm the breadwinner, at least for the time being. I can't believe my luck, really, because I have such a great job, doing stuff I really enjoy among people I really like and admire. The money isn't hot, but we're used to being poor, so it's not too big a deal.

And my hubby gets to spend some time at home with the kids, something he's been dreaming of for a long time. He's happy and he really needs a little while to just be happy.

But it's going to be an adjustment, lemme tell ya. I miss my kids and it's hard to turn the administration of your business (in my case, my home and kids) over to a new person. But at least he knows the ropes, and is eager to please.

Wish me luck, gals!





No comments: