Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Where the heck have I been?
Sorry about the huge gaps between posts, but work is uber busy and I was sick last week, and even when I'm not doing anything else, I'm gestating, which takes more energy than you'd think.
So, Steve and I found out before Christmas. We told the sets of folks when we saw them. I made Steve go out and scour Montreal for ornaments that have space for writing, then I wrote, in the best writing I could muster, "Grandma & Grandpa, 2003" on them (I also did ones for "Uncle Scott" and "Great Grandma"). Then, after the present exchange, we gave out our last present. Steve's mom takes the record for high-pitched enthusiasm, and my dad takes the record for longest to figure it out, but everyone's very excited. Dad's trying to build us a cradle, but I'm going to try to pull him toward a nice oak toy chest so it becomes a keepsake that our child can keep forever. The baby room is going to be our junk room across from our bedroom. Steve's started cleaning it out, but I figure we have lots of time. I already have some ideas for painting the walls.
More tomorrow! Back to work!

No comments: