Monday, January 21, 2002

Another Day and Another Blog

Well fellow bloggers, I too am around. This has not been a fun two weeks but at least I know where I stand. You may recall my telling you months ago that all CDS employees would receive a letter sometime this month telling them whether or not they would have job at the end of 2002. Well, on Tuesday, January 8th we were informed that we all have jobs as of December 2002 but that is only because the deadline has now been pushed to March 2003. Yes, you are reading this correctly. So instead of 12 months notice, you now have 15 months. When you start to think about it, who wins here? If you are among those asked to stay, there is the whole survivor thing plus the fact that you were told your role could change anyway and there is no guarantee that you will be in the same job. If that is the case and you don't like it and leave, too bad, no soup (severance for you). If on the other hand you are being asked to leave, there is the issue of rejection, and then having to stay until the end to get your severance. You are also required to perform properly. However, you do get to collect your money and go. A no win situation at worst and at best, unknown oppportunities no matter which letter you received.

How did I do in what I have come to term "the CDS do I have a job lottery?" The short answer is, I got what I needed and wished for.
Yes, you have to be careful what you wish for but I still wished for it and got it and have accepted it.

No comments: