Wednesday, January 23, 2002

Let the plastering begin!
I went out and got some joint compound and tape and fixed the large cracks in the corner of the office last night. The room is basically cleared, just the desks left in there because they are way too heavy for me to move. This morning I fixed a few more things that I didn't see last night and soon I will start sanding - wheeeee! I hate the prep work and the dust, but it's going to pay off, just like it did in the other rooms. I've decided to go with a light tan colour everywhere, the ceiling will get painted tan as well (I have a theory that this will actually make the room look a bit larger). To punch it up, I'm going to put a 4-5 ft wide horizontal red stripe near the top of the wall and run it around two walls. I'm going to hang book shelves over the stripe areas, but I think that it will add some pizazz. I'm hoping that it will look good. I'm using the red that's in the entryway and will be in the livingroom, so I think that it will tie in nicely. Whatdya think?

No comments: