Tuesday, January 08, 2002

Sucked into Myst again.....
Scott got me Myst III - Exile for Christmas, and once again I'm addicted. When I got Myst years ago, I played almost non-stop until I finished it. Riven, the sequel to Myst, wasn't as enchanting and I was actually strong enough to put the darn thing away and just play once and a while when I had some spare time. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not working, but here I am again, spending hours trying to solve the puzzles. I have already solved one of the worlds, I believe that there are five in total, and have been wandering around the second trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do. The puzzles are a bit more difficult and the worlds are beautiful. There's also the added feature of being able to turn 360 degrees with your mouse, certainly less of a hassle than clicking, although sometimes I find myself a bit disoriented. They also seem to have built a clock into the game, because if you play in one world long enough, it seems to turn into night and then back into day, perhaps I'm imagining that. Anyway, I'm hooked again dagnabbit!

Hanging things on the walls
Yesterday I started putting things on the finished walls. I started with the coatrack from my old apartment, looks very nice against the red wall. Next, I put up six small prints of scenes of London that Steve's folks picked up on their honeymoon in England. I lined them up in two rows of three in the hallway, I think they look "smashing" :-) Today, I'm putting up a letter rack and perhaps a few shelves. Still no word from you know who..... boo hoo!!

No comments: