Monday, January 28, 2002

Bad news.....
Steve called me Friday morning and asked if I could pick him up outside the office. You guessed it, he was layed off. He survived the other two layoffs last year, but couldn't dodge it the third time. His boss felt terrible having to tell him the news. He's doing ok, we're not going to worry about it yet. I was hoping the you-know-who would call and ask me to start this week, but no phone calls yet. Hopefully the job will come through soon so Steve and I can just switch places for a while.
We had a great bookclub meeting last night at Irene's place. Her kitten was very well behaved for the guests. We spent the weekend finishing the office. We now have shelves and basically the rest of the books up. Today will be getting the dining room organized and doing some groceries. We're both on vacation, so might as well enjoy ourselves and get a few things done!

No comments: