Thursday, February 20, 2003

The price of warm weather
I can tell you exactly how much you have to pay mother nature in order to enjoy the temperate climate we are currently enjoying. I had an autostarter installed on my car on Tuesday, and since then, we have had nothing but lovely weather. I am using the starter anyway because I have it and it's really neat, and I'm stubborn. The trick is setting it up so that you can start it remotely. I have a manual transmission, so there are a few extra steps to the setup, which I don't mind because it's better than having the car start and lurch into a wall. Still, it's new, so I still have to talk my way through it everytime I park the car. It must look pretty funny to pedestrians, this girl sitting in her car talking to herself and hitting the brakes, opening and closing the car door, flicking the lights, doing the hokey-pokey.....

No comments: