Monday, February 10, 2003

A Valentine's Call for Posts

Well, I'm sick of looking at the same posts over and over, so I'm putting something up here just to make a change:

Seeing as it's valentine's day week, I propose a discussion amongst the coffee ringers (and our various hangers-on). Choose a topic, or propose one of your own:


What's your most romantic memory?

Have you ever had your heart broken?

Is it really better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

How does a couple grow old together?


Personally, I have never had my heart broken, though I have been made to feel like a bit of a fool. I have also been very cruel in a relationship, to my lasting regret and shame.

My present relationship started out (and continued) in a very romantic way. I have a treasure trove of memories from our first "falling-in-love" days. Our first kiss was so shyly done that I almost didn't notice it! We were sitting very close together on a Pier I rattan "clam couch", and he sort of brushed my cheek with his mouth, as if by accident! It was very cute. Not being as shy as he, I went for the gusto once he'd made this initial move, and things progressed from there... But I'll never forget that little non-kiss.

No comments: