Monday, February 17, 2003

A rant
Ok, my pants are getting really tight, so I decide to go out a find some proper maternity-type pants that allow for expansion. Guess what? Unless you were a size 2 when you got pregnant, there is absolutely nothing to be found in this bloody province. There is basically one chain of stores that sells maternity clothes. This company also owns quite a few normal women's clothing chains in the malls. The only difference between the clothes in the normal stores and the maternity stores is the cut. The theme this year seems to be skin-tight and stretchy, neither of which is flattering or sounds particularly comfortable to me at the moment (well, the stretchy does, but not this kind of stretchy). What the hell is the deal? What kind of sick, twisted store would do this to pregnant women? They must realise that most women looking for maternity clothes are not particularly slender, and that perhaps some of us were already over a size 12 before getting pregnant. I nearly cried when I saw the complete lack of things that I could wear without looking like some large, misshapen sausage stuffed into a nylon bag.
In a fit of desperation, I found some regular pants at Sears with a stretch waist to get me through until I can order something online from the States that will cost me loads more than I wanted to spend, or warmer weather hits so I can break out my skirts with elastic waists. What a pain!

No comments: