Tuesday, March 04, 2003

The long wait is now over

After 14 months of moaning and groaning I finally got my marching orders last Friday afternoon (at 3:00). My last day will be April 30th. While being informed on a Friday afternoon like that really sucked, the timing for being laid off really couldn't be better. This morning I got my letter which told me about the "goodies" I'm getting and now is the time to get organized and ready to move on. After the initial shock I'm getting over it. (I know, I've known forever,so why get upset? But when the rubber hits the road it moves from being something that could happen to something that is about to, one's lizard brain kicks in and screams that it doesn't want change...the status quo will do thank you!) It was just a little tough being all alone over the weekend. (Incidentally, my husband is in China in Mongolia, of all places and will be back next weekend). However today my spirits have improved (I also over ruled the lizard brain) and I feel for the first time in a very very long time even as I stare down the abyss that at least I know I can start to make plans for the first time in I don't know how long.

Speaking of new beginnings, when I saw Dina and really, she isn't fat. If anything she looks thinner than she did before she got pregnant. She just has a little bump on her belly now. She may think it's big, but really it's still small and nobody would really guess yet that she's working on building a baby.

No comments: