Wednesday, February 27, 2002

Happy Birthday Steve!
It is the b-day of the Steve today. He opened up presents from me and his folks this morning. Last night I wrapped things and watched some PBS. Lately, it seems that PBS shows a lot of marathon self-help garbage that I can't be bothered with, but it does have NOVA, possibly one of the best programs on tv. A few weeks ago, I watched a NOVA on fireworks that was pretty good, and last night they aired a show on the search for the first tetrapods, the first creatures with four legs that spawned us all, animals, humans, the whole shebang. PBS also aired a show on Tesla last night. A few weeks ago, they did Mandelbrot.
What I like about these one hour documentaries is their ability to explain and teach regular people, like myself, about the sciences. As a tech writer, I can appreciate the process of researching and the editing the content for general audiences and making the information entertaining to watch. I'd love to work on a show like NOVA, it would be the ultimate tech writing :-)

No comments: