Thursday, February 21, 2002

Should have said something last month.....
Fox started airing "The Tick" last Fall. It's a tv show based on the comic and it was funny, I mean, really funny! I say was because they cancelled it at the end of January. I had a look, and there are quite a few sites where you can voice your dissatisfaction at Foxs' decision. The Tick's battle cry is "Spoon!", so one campaign is actually asking people to send Fox spoons with their letters.


Here's an example of the dialogue, Tick is talking to his sidekick, Arthur, who has recently decided to give up accounting for a life in crimefighting:
Arthur, I believe in you! I always have! That's why I'm here! Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend, and now Fear is trying to pull off your pants. If you give up, if you give in...you'll end up naked, with Fear just standing there laughing at your dangling unmentionables!
Try to picture this done deadpan by Patrick Warburton, he's excellent!

No comments: