Wednesday, February 20, 2002

Steve's at work!
Steve started at Pratt & Whitney today. He was waiting for another offer to come through, but they can't make an official offer for two weeks, so Steve decided to start at Pratt and see if he likes it. If other offers appear, he can always decide to change later. He was out of the house at 7 this morning, about when I get up, poor guy! I stopped by the local supermarket yesterday on the way home and ran into my friend, Adriana. She was there with her mom, but had lost her in the aisles. We talked for a while (she teased me about having bran in my cart-it's for muffins!) then she went off on her mom search again. She passed by me again while I was waiting in line, her mom had gone through the line and was looking pretty mad. I was carrying my purchases out through the parking lot when I was honked at for walking through a parking space that someone was trying to take. I apparently gave the driver one of my patented "looks from hell" before I realised that it was Melissa! We had a quick chat. She was about to grab some supper stuff because her boyfriend was coming over for supper. She's really busy, working full time at Nortel where they're incredibly understaffed, doing her MBA part time in the evenings and trying to take a wine tasting course! I suddenly feel very lazy! I got home, made myself some supper (Steve was playing with Jon last night) and then made muffins, pizza dough, and bread for lunches today. The muffins do not taste as good as the ones in the cafeteria, but they're probably better for me (all that bran, dontcha know). The pizza dough is for supper tonight. I divided it in two and wrapped it up in plastic wrap and stuck it in the fridge. This morning, there were two balls of expanded dough that looked like they were ready to explode from the plastic at any moment. Hope they don't take over the fridge today......

No comments: