Friday, February 01, 2002

It's official!
As of Monday, I will be working on contract at Ericsson. I wandered down this morning and signed the paperwork, saw my desk and met my officemate Charles, a tech writer with an engineering degree from MIT (I feel stupid already.....). I'm going to be working on mobile network positioning, tracking people by using their cell phones essentially. There's a lot of work and the project manager had to jump through several hoops to get me in. The team all seem like normal, down-to-earth people which will be a nice change. There's also a chance that this will lead to full-time employment in the future, time will tell.
I took the car in to the garage yesterday and sure enough, there's a short somewhere in the wiring. The mechanics said that the car should be ready sometime this afternoon and will probably not cost me an arm and a leg. It snowed here and then started to rain, so there's a crust of snow and slush everywhere and it's slippery, welcome to winter! I'm looking forward to getting back to work, but at the same time I'm filled with that tiny bit of dread you get when you start at a new place and know nothing. I hope that I do a good job....... :-)

No comments: