Monday, June 17, 2002

Santa Story

Okay, here goes. Maybe it will inspire you.

When I was 15, I was a punk, with all the clothes and weird (or no) hair that went along with that style-choice. I hung around with a small group of friends who were also punks. One of these was a younger guy, J. He was one of those stunningly beautiful guys that could be a model, actor or anything. All the rest of our gang were girls, and we used to talk about him and sigh and all that. He was never interested in us. He always liked the "pretty" girls with normal hair and nice clothes.

Well, we must have been the most innocent punks in the world, because one Christmas, J. and I decided that our gang's gift exchange would be at my house and our little secret for our friends was that he would dress up as Santa and give out our gifts. (we were so sweet! If my mom had only realized how non-threatening we really were -- but I digress.)

So J. came over early and I dressed him up in a Santa suit up in my parents' room while the girls waited downstairs. I had had almost no experience with guys, and only dreamed of J. in the most vaguely sexual way, knowing he would never want me. Well, we were kind of laughing about trying to get his mohawk under the Santa hat and having fun, and he sat back on my parents' bed with the Santa suit open and with his (beautiful) chest bare, and said "Before we go downstairs, we should get down." and he smiled this incredibly sexy smile. I laughed, embarrassed, and turned to walk away and he grabbed my hand and pulled me on top of him. We just kissed a little bit, and then went downstairs to give out gifts. I was bursting with this little secret all night, and then he stayed afterward and kissed me a little while we sat on the porch in the cold.

I have never had someone use the expression "get down" to describe making out since. And whenever I think about that night I feel again all the excitement and surprise of the young me who never imagined anyone would want to kiss me.

It was very fun, and did I mention he was gorgeous?

No comments: