Tuesday, June 25, 2002

You gotta love long weekends
Long weekends are just too darn short! Friday night was the STC summer banquet. Steve passed the crown of supreme ruler on to Howard and everyone had a great time with amazing food and free drinks! It was hot and humid. We took a quick tour of Bill's house which was also really hot, but really nice. I look forward to seeing it again when I'm not sweating buckets.
Saturday I slept in and then went out and got some flowers for the deck. I also picked up a hanging cherry tomato plant. Atwater Market was beautiful, tons of flowers and the renovated canal. I promise that I will go back and take pictures when my hands aren't full of perennials. That evening we met Kathy and Ralph for supper on Prince Arthur. Everyone was out and it was a wonderful evening. We had a nice meal and good conversation. Afterwards, Steve and I stopped at a used bookstore and I picked up a couple of old German phrase books and a small book of all kinds of reference knowledge published in England in the 60s.
Sunday, the folks came in and visited and brought the outdoor cabinet and tomato plants. We had some lunch and visited and after they left we had the storm. It was really wild. Hurricane-force winds and driving rain for about 15 minutes and then it was gone. The park across the street is a wreck, huge branches were felled. One fell on a car across the street from our house (the car was illegally parked). After the storm, we went out and had Indian food with Maggie and Andrew (for Maggie's birthday).
Monday we didn't sleep in that much and I planted the flowers and Steve did laundry and fiddled around with his cards. Maggie and Andrew came by for a short visit with the boys and then Steve had a long nap while I read in the livingroom. It was the perfact lazy day. Later, we went out for a walk and had some ice cream and just hung out. I doesn't get any better, just wish I didn't have to get up so darn early this morning.

No comments: