Thursday, October 01, 2009

Viva vacation!

I'm running around like nuts tomorrow and then jumping in the car and taking off. I'm leaving my two killer guard dogs and a pack of ninjas (pack? maybe a shadow of ninjas?) at my house, so don't get any ideas.
I need a break, and everywhere I'm going, I will be surrounded by good friends. It's a short journey, but enough to shake off the office and the nagging doubts and insecurities tugging at my mind and making me feel like I'm wallowing in a puddle of inconsistency and uncertainty. The last couple of days I've been able to focus more clearly on things and I feel ok with how I'm doing so far. It's been a rough year, but I've survived so far and put myself back into life and I'm pretty proud of that. Now I need a change of scenery and some newness to spark some ideas and get the creative stuff going again. My mind over the last three months has atrophied from work, work, work.

No comments: