Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Back to the gym
I finally managed to get back to the gym yesterday. Actually, I went Friday too, but only did about half of my routine. By routine, I mean that piece of paper that a nice gym employee wrote up for me which I seldom follow. One of the things on my list that I avoid are the ab exercises. The ab machines are in a room in full view of all the treadmills, bikes, etc., I stare in there frequently and count how many leg ups a person can do before they collapse, and for that reason I do sit ups at home. The people at the gym already know that I am a complete klutz, so there's no sense advertising that my core muscles are made of jello too. Another machine that I tend to avoid unless I'm feeling guilty is the hamstring machine. To use this machine, you must lie down on your stomach on a slanted bench with your head slanted down and your butt in the air. The machine is near the entrance of the gym and pointing out into the main aisle, so every passer-by gets a look at your great big spandex ensnared bottom. What were they thinking?

No comments: