Monday, August 26, 2002

A heavenly weekend
This weekend was a lovely break from routine. On my way back from interviewing L'Oréal's plant manager out in St-Laurent, I stopped off at Dina and Steve's to hang out and do some much-needed catching up. Then we went out for some fabulous Indian food that got my Mmmmm motor humming all night (ahhhhh.... so satisfying...). Thanks for the great conversation and food, guys!

Saturday, we dropped the kids off at the babysitter, then went cycling around Hudson. It's so beautiful and quiet! It makes me think of Lakeshore Road in Niagara (minus the vineyards, of course). We hit the flea market there and made a mental note to come back with the kids--they'll love it! Then we went on to Old Chambly to the Fourquet-Fourchette, a restaurant I'd been to with the CDS gang. It's owned by UniBroue and offers cuisine inspired by the flavours of New France. It was every bit as fun as when I went before... it's a great place to go with a gang and really whoop it up!

Now I feel recharged and ready to tackle my pile of writing! And a lot more patient with the under 3-foot crowd...

No comments: