Friday, August 02, 2002

Is Les Ailes Ever Going to Open?
For those of you who may not know, there is going to be a new Les Ailes opening here right downtown. According to the signs that were posted on the building it is supposed to open next Wednesday, August 7. Frankly, I wouldn't place any bets on it making this deadline. There is still alot of construction going on and I don't see how they can do all the finishing (i.e. painting, plastering, etc.) and get the goods into the store by Wednesday. (My office faces the building and I have been monitoring the work off and on now for nearly 2 years.) The store if you don't know, is the former Eaton's building which has over the last two years been gutted and is still being refurbished from top to bottom. The good news is I am sure it is going to be gorgeous. I wonder if I'll be able to afford anything in there?

I'll keep you posted next week. So let's see if opening day will in fact be Wednesday. So we are now at T minus 5.

No comments: