Monday, August 19, 2002

Summer Monday
What a great weekend! Elizabeth came over Saturday afternoon for some George's souvlaki and conversation, good to see you Elizabeth, lookin' good! I also realised that the fan on my computer's power supply crapped out at some point. I'm not sure how long it had been broken, but I almost burned my hand on the top of the tower. Not good at all. I took it to a computer store Sunday morning and they sold me a power supply. They wanted to charge $25 to install it, so I did it myself, it wasn't hard. Tada! No more fear of overheating everything! Sunday, we went to the Atwater market for some goodies. We got coffee and olive bread, fresh apples and Steve got some cheese. We also picked up this onion and garlic jam, which Steve said is wonderful, I haven't had the courage to try it yet. We did a few more groceries and got home early in the afternoon. Jon came over for a few hours. He rollerbladed over, not a huge distance because of the bike path, but it was very hot and humid, so Jon was a puddle by the time he arrived. He hung out for a while and watched some tv and a movie. Later on, Rebecca came over and we watched Lord of the Rings on DVD. We had a couple of technical difficulties, the DVD was skipping during the scene where Bilbo gives Frodo his sword, etc. That was irritating, our first DVD problem. I will replace it today. I hope that we get a good one this time. I suppose it's to be expected considering how many copies of the DVD were made. The heatwave has broken and we're now back to beautiful summer days. I'm hard at work on two projects, one that just got bigger after a morning meeting. I think we're going to resort to stealing sections from other manuals, a little creative plagiarism never hurt anyone :-)

No comments: