Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Tales of an errant blogger
I'm sorry that I am somewhat negligent with my posting lately, but I've had to work. The material that I am working on is going to be tested by my peers Thursday, no pressure there!
This weekend was a guilt weekend, aka visit the parents. The folks were happy to see us, a little too happy. I do not mind bringing joy to my folks, I just wish sometimes that I wasn't the only source of it. We had a lovely visit and a bbq and drove back home to famished, bored cats.
We have a deck off of our kitchen with a set of glass doors. When we first moved in, the screen on the door had a tiny hole in it from the previous tenant's cat. Over time, our bored cats expanded on that hole, and one day early this summer we came home and discovered the skinniest cat out basking on the deck. I said that I would repair the screen right away, but somehow never got around to it. Soon, the less skinny cat made her escape, followed soon after by our fat cat who transformed the hole into something I could get my head through, a fat cat flap, as it were. The weekend before last while the cats were all out basking, there was a loud noise outside which must have scared them, because they all ran into the house at warp speed. The fat cat must have missed the hole. I heard a 'thud rip' and ran into the kitchen to find that the screen was now completely torn out of the bottom of the door. I suppose that rescreening the entire door is probably easier than repairing little bits of it anyway....

No comments: