Thursday, August 15, 2002

Don't fight the lentils
Had a great lunch with Bill and Maggie at the Indian place near work. It's a vegetarian restaurant, and their lunch special is rice, two types of yummy curried vegetables (they decide) and either chickpeas or lentils. Bill ordered with lentils, Maggie and I ordered chickpeas. The waiter brought us all lentils, but gave Maggie and I chickpeas on the side. We think that it's a plot to get more people to eat lentils, I admit, they were very good.
I woke up this morning with our non-cuddly cat sitting on me, meowing loudly and trying to stick her head under my hand. It took me a while to realise that I was awake, because she never does that. Perhaps she is having a change of personality. My oldest cat is a calico, and for the first 3 or 4 years, spurned any affection that you gave her. My friends used to joke that she had a "three-pet rule", because that was how much she would tolerate before she turned around and shredded your hand. One day, she just started acting differently, I guess that it was a bit more gradual than that, but she started wanting affection, and now she demands cuddling time from me and Steve. She definitely mellowed with age. Maybe Stan's doing the same thing. I hope that doesn't mean that our always loving cat Woody suddenly turns into a nasty curmudgeon.
Dave came over last night to pick up some software, and dropped off his new CD of stories called "Tales from a Comfy Chair", I look forward to listening to it. I'm besieged by more work this week, I've been moved onto the big project that's due mid-September. Haven't heard from a few of the Coffeeringers in a while, perhaps a post to let us know you're still alive (hint, hint)?

No comments: