Friday, December 11, 2009

Big dig 1

It has not been the greatest week. My most pressing concern, which has put a few things in perspective, is my kids. We had our first big dump of snow and it's been a joy watching the kids relish in hiking through it, laying in it, and eating it and embracing the snow pants. They've gone a bit Christmas insane, decorating, talking about Santa, singing the carols they're learning for their pageants. When I've had a crap day it's the best thing in the world to see the magic in their eyes.
I've needed my friends again like crazy this week and they have once again delivered. I promise them that one day I will be there for them as much as they have been there for me, reminding me that I'm an awesome, huge-hearted, creative, beautiful gal with a great sense of humour and great gams :-)
So first snow has come and now the clean up begins, clearing it up, regaining the spaces taken up with the chaos of snowbanks and buried cars. The city is returning to normal, I'm returning to normal, a bit more exhausted from the shovelling out.

No comments: