Wednesday, June 13, 2001

Older girl
Well, I had one heck of an evening! Steve planned a surprise party at out favorite Indian restaurant for me. Unfortunately, he really sucks at stalling, so we got there before most people had arrived (I was hungry and wanted to go!). Steve was dragging his heels a bit, he had to take a shower and then he was trying to get me to slow down. His last ditch attempt at a stall was when I had my hand on the door knob and he asked, "Want to have sex?". I knew that we must be meeting someone for dinner, but I figured that it was probably Maggie and Andrew because Maggie had her graduation ceremony in the morning. I had no idea that so many people would show up, I was thrilled to bits and I was surprised! It was so nice to be surrounded by a room of friends. Our quiet little restaurant was alive with activity. The owner and waiter were running around like crazy and made sure everyone got fed in a reasonable amount of time, they even threw in a cake gratis!
I got some very nice cards and gifts. Bill gave me a bag of dollar store toys and goodies that are now adorning my desk, I got booze and a book, and certificates to buy books and a bonsai and cafe-au-lait mugs. My best gift of the evening though was the sound of the entire restaurant ringing with "Happy Birthday to you" when the cake came out. What a great night!

No comments: