Thursday, June 28, 2001

What else is new?
Besides the move, there's very little new and exciting going on right now with me. I am now in my fourh week of work and it's the end of quarter. Everything was supposed to be released tomorrow, but there have been a few delays and we only have one product out tomorrow and then two on the 13, one of the 20 and one on the 27. Everyone is very nice here and helpful. The sales rotation was postponed until mid-July or later which is good because I was trying to figure out how I'd get my work done and do the sales job. I'm getting lots of good feedback from the Research Director about that doc I'm working on with him.
I went to Reno Depot last night and bought a wooden toilet seat, guess what? It doesn't fit! The toilet and the sink were installed in the 70's and are small and a deep rosey red. It looks like they're also slightly non-standard as well. Back to the store this weekend to return the wooden seat and find something else. This time I'm bringing the seat that's on there now which is not the original because it's light pink.
I tried out the dishwasher last night on the rinse cycle and it made a funny vibrating rattle, I don't think that's normal......we have a plumber coming to fix one of the pipes under the sink tomorrow morning, maybe I'll have him listen to it. There's an electrician coming this morning to attach a plug for the stove. For some reason, all we had was wires where the stove was. Things are starting to come together. Steve and I cleared out about half of my boxes in the den so that I can find stuff. That was very comforting. Of course, now there are more boxes piled in other rooms. I don't want to unpack everything because we still have to fix all the walls and paint. That makes it very hard.

No comments: