Wednesday, March 27, 2002

Happy Easter and Hand me the Shovel

Well it looks like great spring skiing coming up this weekend and the Easter Egg hunt will require a snow shovel...a fine tradition when the weather cooperates! ; - )While this may not be spring like weather, it is at least pretty (for the moment) and the air is fresh.

Okay, you're all pelting me with nice heavy wet snowballs and shoving snow down my back as you wrestle me to the ground--but, I thought I should at least say something positive because this will likely be it. There is a saying in Quebec that is something to the effect (excuse the poor French here) "Au mois de mars nous aurons trois belles tempetes du neiges au Quebec". The fact that there is a saying means spring never comes without the mandatory 3 storms and I think we have just had the third one.

The Easter bunny will show up with snowshoes on and I hope as he hops around the neighbourhood that he rips down any icicle lights that are still up. (Some people had their lights on last night..growl = : - ( Face it, for most of the winter there has been plenty of opportunity to take them down--I mean has it really been that cold and snowy that you can't get the lights down (between mid-January and last week?)

Happy Easter anyway! Everybody deserves a nice break this weekend! Have lots of mood cheering chocolate!

No comments: