Thursday, March 28, 2002

It's nice to see that some people miss the CBC's regular programming. It's kind of discouraging being out there on the picket lines thinking everyone's quite happily listening to CJAD and Q92.
A friend called me yesterday and gave me a timely reminder about the Montreal Star. Remember that paper? They went out on strike and everybody figured, "hey, who needs two daily papers?" The Star died soon after. The way I figure it, my job may well be eliminated when we go back, either way. If we win, more permanent positions for casuals, therefore fewer casuals, bye-bye Becca. If we stay out a long time, lost ratings, cut backs, bye-bye Becca.
But who knows which way the wind will blow...maybe they'll recognize the genius displayed in our gang's picket-line snowman (holding a picket saying: __more mr. _ice guy!") and make me the Vice-President of English Programming.
Stranger things have happened at the Corp.

Wish me luck!

No comments: